2 minute read
We all know the volume of activity on the Internet, be it social sharing or otherwise, is astounding—but, what about the pace?
In the time it takes you to read this sentence an almost dizzying amount of status updates, emails, tweets, online purchases, photos, etcetera, were shared across the web.
Just how fast does the web move? In a mere 60 seconds:
1. Over $270,000 is spent on e-retail websites (Social Skinny).
2. 695,000 status updates, 79,364 wall posts and 510,040 comments are published on Facebook (IB Times).
3. More than 168,000,000 emails are sent (IB Times).
4. 600 videos are uploaded to YouTube equaling over a day of new content (GoGulf).
5. Google processes 694,445 search queries (IB Times).
6. 13,000 iPhone applications are downloaded (BigPicture).
7. 98,000+ tweets are sent and 320+ new Twitter accounts are created (BigPicture).
8. 100 accounts are created on the professional networking site LinkedIn (LinkedIn).
9. 25,000+ new posts are created on Tumblr (AllTwitter).
10. 40 new questions are posted to Yahoo Answers (AllTwitter).
These are pretty impressive numbers, but don’t let them scare you. You’re about to start on a fresh new sixty seconds, so get moving and make them count.
Posted October 26, 2012 in Social Media, Ecommerce
Jeff Epstein is the founder and CEO of Ambassador Software, the World’s #1 Relationship Marketing Platform which enables brands like Hewlett-Packard, HubSpot and Madison Reed to build & scale referral, affiliate, partner and influencer programs.
By Jeff Epstein
Preparing Your Online Store For The Holiday Season (Part Two)
Posted October 26, 2012
Preparing Your Online Store For The Holiday Season
Managing eCommerce Referral Programs: 5 Tips For Successful Execution
by Amity Kapadia
Learn from experts in our latest email course, Referral Marketing Academy.
Copyright © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved. View our Terms, Privacy, and Responsible Disclosure policies.