Get Ambassador amrketing delivered right to your inbox!


    6 Ways to Get People to Love Your Brand

    4 minute read

    6 Ways to Get People to Love Your Brand

    Most entrepreneurs understand developing and establishing a brand is important. It's not necessarily easy, and, it's only half the battle. To win, you must take it a step further. That step is to not only recognize your brand, but to develop a passion for it. According to consulting firm Bain & Company, it costs 6 times more to attract a new customer than it does to keep an existing one. What’s more, a mere 5% increase in customer retention can boost profits by up to 95%.

    You’ll get more bang for your buck by retaining loyal customers than constantly trying to recruit new ones. In addition, these passionate advocates can be key drivers for new customer acquisition channels. That being said, here are 6 tips for getting your target audience to love your brand.


    Surprise & Delight


    These days it’s not about just getting by on your service, but going above and beyond. People can get basic service anywhere. What they crave is a brand that will truly value them. The easiest way to lure prospects in and get them hooked on your product or service is to wow them with each and every interaction.


    Image is everything


    Your online presence is akin to your brand’s first impression with your audience, and we all know you only get one chance, so you’ve really got to knock it out of the park with this one. Make sure you have a compelling, user-friendly website, a clear brand image and a solid social media presence so that first impression will really stick.


    Quality over quantity


    It’s not about bombarding your audience and banging them over the heads with your brand. Rather, it’s about providing them with quality content that they can use. In fact, 60% of consumers say they feel more confident about working with a company after reading their custom content. Not sure where to begin? Start by asking what are your customers’ biggest pain points? Then, determine how your product or service provides the solution. Turn this information into content and you’ll have them hooked.


    Connect emotionally



    75% of consumers say they make buying decisions based on their emotions. What does this mean for your brand? If you can find a way to connect with your audience emotionally, you’re more than halfway toward converting them into loyal customers. In Gensler’s 2013 brand engagement survey, 94% of respondents said they would be highly likely to recommend a brand they were emotionally engaged with. Find a way to tug at the heart strings of your target audience and you’ll end up with loyal brand ambassadors.





    You’ve surely heard the old adage, “under promise and over deliver”. This is a key component to garnering affection for your brand. When you consistently go above and beyond to satisfy your customers in service, quality and support, they’ll pay you back with repeat business and referrals.


    Listen to feedback.



    Think the squeaky wheel always gets the grease? Not necessarily - especially when it comes to customer satisfaction. A recent Harris Interactive study revealed that only 4% of customers that are unhappy will actually complain. The other 96% will simply leave. This means that you need to be asking for feedback from your customers on a regular basis. More importantly, you need to pay attention to what’s being said – good or bad. When you encourage your customers to speak up and show them that their opinions really matter, you endear them to your brand. As a bonus, you’ll also be better prepared to correct problems and make improvements in a more proactive way.


    Loyal customers are critically important to the success of your business. According to a study conducted by the White House Consumer Affairs Department, repeat business is worth 10 times as much as a single new sale.

    By implementing these six key strategies, you’ll have your customers falling in love with your brand which will have them coming back for more and spreading the love to their own networks. It really is a marriage made in heaven!

    Posted in Social Media

    Jeff Epstein

    Written by Jeff Epstein

    Jeff Epstein is the founder and CEO of Ambassador Software, the World’s #1 Relationship Marketing Platform which enables brands like Hewlett-Packard, HubSpot and Madison Reed to build & scale referral, affiliate, partner and influencer programs.

    Subscribe To Our Blog

    Stay informed about the latest referral marketing trends, tips, and insights.